Monday, July 11, 2011

The most addicting post ever.

See that guy in the picture? That is what you look like to me everytime you say the word addicting. Are you familiar with the expression, "a skunk doesn't smell it's own smell"? Coincidentally I have just coined the term, "A person who says addicting doesn't realize they sound like a slack jawed moron". Look, I know I may seem like I'm being mean but this is me trying to help you. People who say addicting are, in general, really socially successful and intelligent people using one word wrong and being laughed at by a group of others.

The first step to not sounding like Larry The Cable Guy's biggest fan is to know what and why you are doing it wrong. First off the word addicting does exist, however it is not an adjective the way so many use it. An example of proper usage would be: "Lately, I've been addicting myself to energy drinks." Sadly, since it's such a rare word to use, I highly recommend scrapping it and strategically using the words addictive, addicted, addiction or even addict.

Now, there, you have read it and I hope you understand it. If you don't, please ask questions below and I'll do my best to explain it. After all, I'm hardly an English major myself (though I do go out with one). I think an important skill is to take the time to listen to words and think of whether or not they make sense in context.

Anyway, thanks for reading and comment below if you like. Thanks for feeding my new found blog addiction. I guess you could say I'm a blog addict. It's just so addictive. I'm amazed how fast I became addicted.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment