Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Welcome to Stonerland!

What the hell is wrong with the world today? Everyone indulges a little too much in the ol' reefer madness these days if you ask me.

I'm depressed by our what the priorities in our world have become. What caused me to bring this up? I've been pondering getting into journalism for a bit, especially after reading Warren Ellis' Transmetropolitan. Yeah, for those familiar with Transmetropolitan, I do get the sense of irony. It's the story of a journalist who enjoys heavy drug use and stomping on things that he deems wrong in the world. Needless to say, I really like it, but I've gotten way off topic.

Here are 3 easy steps to piss me off.

Step 1 - Go to Google.ca.
Step 2 - Start typing "how much is an online journalism degree?"
Step 3 - Stop typing at the first 'n' in online and enjoy Google's suspected auto fill: "how much is an ounce of weed?"

Seriously? That comes up before anything else? Please note the word online was already written to the point of saying 'on'. That means it tried to correct me, probably cause it thinks I'm too baked to spell ounce, and jumped right to the weed.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against people who smoke weed. If I did I'd be hating pretty much everyone with the exception of a handful of 80+ year old women. However, as a non weed smoker, I still feel justified in saying that some people (not all) maybe take their weed a little too seriously. That's all I'm saying. Perhaps instead of asking questions about how much getting stoned is gonna cost you, you could instead look up the ins and outs of quantum physics. Alas I digress, I probably could have been signing up for an online journalism course instead of writing this.

Oh people... You crack me up!

2 comments:

  1. If you stop at "d" in "how much does" it fills in "does a cake boss cake cost". Like really people?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, good one! Priorities are all sorts of messed up!

    ReplyDelete