Friday, January 6, 2012

The McDonald's breakfast conundrum


Everyone, on some level, loves McDonald's breakfast. For me, nothing starts the day quite like a Sausage and Egg Breakfast Biscuit, a hash brown, and about 12 large double double coffees. The way I see it, as long as you aren't doing it every day, it's not bad for you...

So today, after getting my cholesterol checked at the hospital, I decided that it was time to eat something more healthy. Not really, instead I flipped my cholesterol the bird and went to get some delicious Rotten Ronny Breakfast. They serve breakfast until 11 and it was 10:40, so no problem there, right? Today I want to address something that I know everyone has at one point experienced. We have all at one point craved the deliciousness that is an egg mcmuffin and realized that it was too late to have one. Well today, I learned that "we serve breakfast until 11" means, we serve breakfast until about quarter to 11. The girl at McDonald's even acknowledged that it was quarter to 11, but they decided to stop making stuff. I witnessed, not 1, but 3 cars drive away from the McDonald's drive through today, because they decided to stop early. My question is this. Is breakfast really such a hard meal to make? Tim Horton's can make breakfast until noon, maybe it's time to compete. With McDonald's making great coffee these days, you would think that competing with Tim Horton's is a part of the business plan. Then again, what can you expect, when your CEO looks like this guy....
"Smug son of a bitch"
This pissed me off so much, that I refuse to eat at McDonald's for the rest of week...it's Friday...that should be doable. Uh...I need a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment