Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Top 5 for 2011...sorta

2011 was a remarkable year for games. So much greatness came out, so here is my list of the top 5 best of them....

That's what I was hoping to say by now, but truth be told, for me 2011 was a year of playing catchup. I played dozens of games that have been sitting on my shelf for years. Whether it be Disgaea 2 (which took a lot of time) or going back and playing Dragon Age Origins again, I kept busy. So, instead, I'm gonna show the world the  games I haven't yet played and feel that I need to play before I can make the top 5 list.

Dark Souls - Demon's souls was the best. I played it through many times since it came out, and I'm sure I'll play it again. My best friend keeps coming to me raving about how satisfying Dark Souls has been for him. I'm pretty jealous. Soon my friend...soon.

Skyrim - Yeah, everyone loves Skyrim, but my Skyrim is even better than yours. My beautiful girlfriend bought it for me. Not for Christmas either. She just wanted me to have it. I know this game is a huge deal, so don't worry about it. I'll jump on it soon.

Uncharted 3 - I'm working on this one right now. The fact that this hasn't made very many top 5 or even top 10 lists is blowing my mind. I'll be writing a full review of this one when I'm done with it.

Infamous 2 - After the pure lust I had for the first one after playing it, I need to play this one. I can't wait to hover around over buildings with lightning power! So much fun. The only question is, will I be a superhero or a supervillain. Right up my alley!

Gears of War 3 - I'm sure it looks like I only play PS3 games, but that's not true. I also play good Xbox 360 games. Sadly, there aren't so many these days. As of now I'm at the beginning of act 3 of this bad boy and I'm eager to finish it and discuss it in great detail. I am playing this one in split screen coop with my best friend. That's how we have played through the whole series thus far. I enjoy that.

and finally...

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - This game just looks too great not to be playing. As I said, I played a lot of catchup this year. A large part of that was playing the hell out of the original Deus Ex. Though it is dated severely, I was thrilled with many of the design choices. I can't wait to see how this series has evolved in all of these years.

So, rest assured, I will get to it...but with both Skyrim and Dark Souls on that list...it could take a bit. I also really want to play Dragon Age II (despite the reviews). It's gonna be a busy year of gaming, and I'm a lucky man for being able to experience it. I also want to note, that while the new Zelda looks really nice, I won't play it, because I hate using the wii controls. No matter how I try, I don't enjoy swinging my arms around to play games.

No comments:

Post a Comment