Saturday, August 13, 2011

Dear Zachary (2008)

 The wife and I just watched the documentary Dear Zachary on Netflix. I have no interest in talking about the movie, as it is a ride you need to experience for yourself, however I just want to say it hit very close to home and is a truly important movie to see. I must present a warning for this movie, as it is VERY HEAVY to pretty much anyone, and genuinely makes you feel the very depths of hatred and anger. I'd say this is probably my favorite documentary I've seen, for how connected I feel towards the people involved, and as a documentary it succeeds at presenting the information clearly with a slight, yet much deserved bias.

Unfortunately I have to spend the rest of my night being frustrated with the world around me, but I'm glad that I was made aware of the issues discussed in this. I can think of no better movie to make to honor a friend, and hope this helps to change things, at least a little bit.

I'm using my serious face while writing this. Please track this movie down and watch it. I think you can even find it online to watch, but money spent on this movie is money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment